)Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
2)Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
3)Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
4)Greet customers entering establishments.
5)Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
6) Establish or identify prices of goods, services or admission, and tabulate bills using calculators, cash registers, or optical price scanners.
7) Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons.
8) Resolve customer complaints.
9) Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
10) Cash checks for customers.
11) Weigh items sold by weight in order to determine prices.
12) Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
13) Compute and record totals of transactions.
14) Sell tickets and other items to customers.
15) Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.