Prepares and maintains blueprints, maps, charts, graphs, and other technical drawings.
1. Prepares detailed drawings of mechanical and electronic components, assemblies, and engineering change orders.
2. Prepares drawings from detailed notes and specifications.
3. May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.
4. Verifies completed work and checks dimensions, materials to be used, and quantities.
5. May use a PC or CAD workstation.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced drafters, and may have limited supervisory responsibility.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant tools and equipment as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires an Associates Degree in a related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical/vocational/military training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related drafting experience.
Minimum of five years of experience as designer or draftsman working with CADD software.